Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Enjoying God's creation





The last two weekends I have done something I have never done before! And I never thought I would even enjoy it as much as I have. Two weeks ago I went to Yosemite and hiked on the Mist trail to Vernal Falls....It was so beautiful and peaceful to enjoy the things that God has created for our enjoyment. It won't tell you it was easy, it was hard! But I so loved pushing myself to do something that a few years ago would have frightened me...I guess getting older does have some advantages. Last weekend I went to Sequoia National Park and hiked a few trails and then walked up Moro Rock....standing up on top of the Rock and looking down into the valley was breathtaking! My goal is to hike up to Half Dome in Yosemite sometime next Spring or early Summer. As I look at pictures of Half Dome I am a little overwhelmed, but I am also excited at the prospect of doing something that I have to push myself and come out of my comfort zone. Several people have asked me why I would want to do this....I have thought about it my reasons and what I have come up with is that if I can learn to come out of my comfort zone in this area then maybe I can gain a deeper knowledge of God and in doing the things that He asks of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment